Re: Compositing tiling window manager

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 08:46:10AM +0000, Masatran / Deepak, R. wrote:
> Are any compositing tiling window managers available for Debian Stable? I
> currently use Awesome, but it is available only for Testing, and installing
> it on Stable has proven impossible, because of XCB dependencies. Or would it
> be possible to install the Awesome from Testing after installing the kernel
> from Backports?

Are you sure it's not available?

$ rmadison awesome
   awesome |    2.3.3-1 |        stable | source, alpha, amd64, arm, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
   awesome |    3.2.1-1 |       testing | source, alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
   awesome |    3.3.1-1 |      unstable | source, alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, hurd-i386, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

An older version, indeed. But it should be usable, I believe.