E7400 - i386 and AMD64

Hello,

	We have a new server with an Intel Core 2 Duo E7400. So only 2 CPU
exist.

When we run Debian lenny AMD64 on it, we see this output from /proc/cpuinfo:

# uname -a
Linux srv 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Thu May 28 21:28:49 UTC 2009 x86_64
GNU/Linux

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : unknown
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 2666.608
cache size      : 3072 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni tm2 ssse3 lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5336.90
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : unknown
stepping        : 10

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : unknown
stepping        : 10

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : unknown
stepping        : 10

So it shows 4 CPU but we only have 2.

If we boot with Lenny i386 we see normal output (2 CPU's) and correct "model
name" identification.

Model name		: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU   E7400  @ 2.80GHz

Should we use Debian amd64 here o i386? Why we see 4 CPU's when we only have
2 CPUs (Intel Core 2 Duo)? Is stable amd64 or it is not recommended for a
server setup?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.