Re: s2disk no longer working

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 21:22:43 -0500
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> I've not had any success with resume from s2disk for so long that I've
> given up on it.  I just get a kernel panic on restart.  Hibernate to
> RAM works flawlessly.

s2disk has always worked fine here, and even now, it's the suspend
that's failing, not the resume.  I've never got resuming from s2ram
working properly here.  I guess this is a classic YMMV situation ...

> >From a recent thread on the Linux-Thinkpad mailing list, it seems
> s2disk has been broken for several kernel releases.

Interesting.  Do you mean this?

http://mail.matrix.de/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2009-July/047164.html

If so, the response suggests that changes to the Intel graphics driver
may be at fault:

http://mail.matrix.de/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2009-July/047172.html

I do have Intel graphics.

Should I report this somewhere?