Re: apt configuration takes too long on installation

((bela, I suspect you meant to reply on this thread. So, I cp'd it below))

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Neal Hogan<nealhogan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:39 AM, abdelkader
> belahcene<abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I always have  in the installation debian, this pb : The apt- configuration
>> takes a long time,  giving the nice  message : please wait!!!!
>> In fact the installator tries to get packages from internet (
>> when I switch CTRL+ALT+F2, I find the process http.... ),
>> in the /target/etc/apt/sources.lst there are  deb http://security.debian.org
>> .......)
>
> look at your /etc/apt/sources.list . . .  you're going to see where
> your system is looking for pkgs . . . delete or comment out the
> locations you'd rather not go to.
>

>> why this since I install from the CD, and answer no to  mirror, this
>> normally is enough to install only from  CD.
>>
>> I tryed option at the boot, no appropriate parameter for that, I disabled
>> the dhcp. The problem reamined the same.

>Thanks for reply,
>But I have to do it during the installation, the content of the file /etc/apt >/sources is already read and used.

So, out of curiosity, does the system not install? or is it just an
inconvenience?

Sorry, I have no further suggestions at this time other than to
(re)check your install medium and what your installing (perhaps it's a
boot CD that doesn't have the installation sets on it and must go get
'em).