Re: Gwibber: call for testing

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 10:22 +0200, Filip Chabik wrote:
> Dnia 2009-07-08, śro o godzinie 20:47 +0700, Rustam pisze:
> > I'm now using 1.2.0 (as you asked), but I couldn't "build-dep" gwibber
> > since there are missing dependecies I guess. So, I tried the "old way"
> > by extracting the gwibber_1.2.0+bzr346.orig.tar.gz, but first I must
> > download the python-moko (1.0 doesn't need it).
>
> Thank you very much for replying for my call (:
> Is there a chance that you could provide which specific packages
> couldn't be satisfied when you tired to "build-dep gwibber"?
>
> --
> Filip Chabik <debian@hadret.com>

I think it's my foolish, pardon.
like I told you that I am using Lenny:
+---{sudo apt-get build-dep gwibber
|Reading package lists... Done
|Building dependency tree
|Reading state information... Done
|E: Build-Depends-Indep dependency for gwibber cannot be satisfied
|because no available versions of package python can satisfy version
|requirements
+-----------

after I put "squeeze" into  /etc/apt/sources.list, updated again.
and build:
+---{ sudo apt-get build-dep gwibber
|Reading package lists... Done
|Building dependency tree
|Reading state information... Done
|The following NEW packages will be installed:
|  debhelper html2text
|The following packages will be upgraded:
|  python python-minimal python-support python2.5 python2.5-minimal
|5 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1095 not upgraded.
|Need to get 4963kB of archives.
|After this operation, 1679kB of additional disk space will be used.
|Do you want to continue [Y/n]?Y
+--------

in short, I've finally managed to build the
"gwibber_1.2.0+bzr346-5_all.deb"

But I refuse to install it, cause it would make my sistem mixed with
lenny and squeeze. and I have no guts to do that, though. I'm quite
happy to use gwibber that built with the old-way.
That's all. Thank for your nice program :)

Regrads,
Rustam