Re: Help with ndiswrapper and Broadcom wireless

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 10:47:03 -0400, JoeHill wrote:

[...]

> Okay, I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.30 and rebuilt the driver with
> module-assistant.
>
> tablet:/home/lajolla# lspci -knn | grep -iEA2 'broadcom|bcm|wireless|wifi'
> tablet:/home/lajolla# modprobe -v wl
> WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-kernel-nkc, it
> will be ignored in a future release.
> insmod /lib/modules/2.6.30-1-686/kernel/net/wireless/lib80211.ko
> install /sbin/modprobe -qr b43 ssb; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wl WARNING:
> All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-kernel-nkc, it will be
> ignored in a future release.
> insmod /lib/modules/2.6.30-1-686/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl.ko
>
> It's just not there anymore. I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Your problem might be due to broken hardware, see Rob Owens's message
earlier in this thread:

If you cannot get a warranty replacement then you should consider buying
a cheap and well-supported USB or PCMCIA wireless device, as Rob also
suggested; this approach is often preferable to endless fighting with
flaky built-in hardware.

(The possibility of hardware failure was the main reason why I kept
 nagging about trying the device under Windows, to have an independent
 test under an OS that is "officially supported" by the manufacturer.)

          Florian   |