Re: MTA

Pawel Cholewinski:

> I want to install MTA in my network. I want to know which mail transfer
> agent is recommended (postfix, exim, sendmail or other else) and why.
> And which is unsafe and why.

I would avoid Sendmail since it is *really* old and hard to configure.

Exim is Debian's default MTA so one should think it is a good choice. I
found it too hard to understand when I configured my first MTA a few
years ago and have used Postfix since then. I think most other people
who consciously pick an alternative to Exim do so as well.  Popcon data
shows 19% usage of Postfix and 69% of Exim which appears to support this
theory.

J.
--
When I am at nightclubs I enjoy looking at other people and assessing
their imagined problems.