Re: Installing Debian alongside Windows Vista?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Installing Debian alongside Windows Vista?
- From: Rob Owens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:54:04 -0400
- Message-id: <20090703135404.GA5601@aurora.owens.net>
- In-reply-to: <4A48F08E.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A48E509.email@example.com> <4A48F08E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 06:49:18PM +0200, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> Yup, no problem as long as you have some unpartitioned disk space on
> your hard drive. If not, you can use gparted from a live cd to shrink
> your windows partition. It might be that you need to defragment (in
> windows!) your partition first.
> If this all sound too complicated, getting a second hard drive and
> installing linux on that is of course also an option.
Just to be clear, is gparted smart enough not to shrink the partition so
much that it cuts off data from the partition? In other words, does it
only use the empty space at the end of the partition?