scroll heel problem

Just installed Lenny on my Dell d600 laptop. Any attempt to use the mouse wheel results in an attempt to connect to a url consisting of whatever I last copied to the clipboard and tells me it can't connect (of course since what was on the clipboard wasn't a url). This distro, loaded from the same cd doesn't exhibit the behavior on my desktop
box. Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279