Re: fglrx and dual monitor

kj wrote:
> Is anyone here running a dual screen (one big desktop) with the fglrx
> driver?  I'm having a wild time trying to make this work with an ATI HD
> 2400 XT card on Squeeze.

I gave up on a similar endeavour when lenny was testing. ATI's
proprietary drivers are a mess for those kind of things -- or at least
were the last time I tried. I had it partially working for some time
with only minor artifacts and troubles, when a new update of the kernel
or xorg (don't remember which) was incompatible with fglrx. I gave up
then... and prefer the convenience of having a 'pure' debian system to
the advantages of joining two screens.

I don't need fancy 3D and have often regretted that they put such an
ill-supported card in my laptop...

Maybe the situation has improved since then (about one year ago).

Cheers,
Johannes