Re: Prepartitioning, Grub location for Lenny?

On Sunday 28 June 2009 09:01:45 am you wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 08:22 -0500, postid wrote:

> > hda2=primary=10GB=Debian Lenny /
> >
> > hda3=primary=12GB= /home
>
> I I were you, I wouldn't use a primary partition for /home
> (you you can use that partition to install another OS)

Why not install /home as primary? I've read that data recovery is
easier when done from a primary partition. Is that not so? Or
are there other considerations? Unlike Windows, Linux can be
bootable even when not installed early on the disk.

I was also considering having WinXP, Debian's / and another
distro as primary partitions as you suggest, then swap, /home
and another distro as logical partitions.  Better? Why?

I've been trying to understand the primary versus logical issues
and frankly the more I read, still the more undecided I am.

--postid