Prepartitioning, Grub location for Lenny?

I'm preparing to install Debian Lenny on an IBM R40 laptop. My
old layout was as follows:

hda1=primary=WinXP
hda2=primary=Debian Sarge
hda3=primary=swap
hda4=primary=Knoppix

(There's also a hidden partition with WinXP recovery stuff at the
end of the drive. I'm going to leave that designated by the BIOS
as hidden.) I've wiped the partitions and reinstalled WinXP on
hda1. I'll again use Partition Magic under WinXP (or a parted
magic live CD) to create a new layout:

hda1=primary=6GB=WinXP

hda2=primary=10GB=Debian Lenny /

hda3=primary=12GB= /home

hda4=extended=7GB

     hda5=logical=1GB=swap

     hda6=logical=3GB=Test distro (Slax, Slitaz, Knoppix, etc.)

     hda7=logical=3GB=Test distro (Slax, Slitaz, Knoppix, etc.)

In order to get WinXP to boot during the reinstall, I did
an "install-mbr /hda." After installing Lenny, should I install
Grub on the mbr or should I locate it somewhere else (for
example, at the beginning of hda2)?

--postid