Re: Can postfix misconfiguration lead to OS breakage?

Thank You for Your time and answer, Todd:

> You can probably screw up any service if you try hard enough. Postfix is
> relatively secure, at least when compared to sendmail. As root, though,
> you're responsible for the security of your configurations if you
> deviate from the defaults.

Well. I did not press on it hard. I just made the service to do what it should.
Yet I'm not a developer nor security expert and therefore do not know which
security issues the software brings up just because something is not turned on
or off. Here comes my question: is it possible to have such issues (that an
attacker can get *root* privileges) or not.

Also it is interesting just out of curiosity - is it possible that some
malicious software can remain in hardware somewhere if I reformatted the
previously hacked install?