installing from usb

Hi,
I followed the  doc, to install lenny from usb.
I put the full CD1 iso in the usb

I succeed, untill the full image, it didn't search for the image in the usb, it searced elsewhere ??  or may be it searched for other type of image !!!??

I THINK that because the error is : installer  image not found  ???    I have the image debian.iso both in the hard disk and usb ?? the image corresponds to the installer version.!!

It would be wonderfull to  have a full installer ( containing  CD1 ) to put it directly  on usb

thanks for help
bela