Re: linux-image-2.6.30-1-686: USB disk fails to show at initramfs

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:00:41AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed linux-image-2.6.30-1-686 on Sid and got an error:
>
> In the very beginning at the initramfs phase only one of my 2 USB disks
> shows up, causing the boot to fail because partitions from that drive
> are in /etc/fstab. It's always the same one that fails to show up. Never
> happened in previous kernels.
>
> It's http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=534324

If the disk shows up like /dev/sdd, but the partitions don't show up
(like /dev/sdd1), it might help to do an fdisk /dev/sdd and then to
quit fdisk (without writing). For some reason, that might make the
partition visible --- I've found that problem after upgrading to
2.6.24.9, with both an USB stick and an USB disk.