Re: looking for a debian compatible usb audio interface

On 6/23/09 10:34 AM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

Result are strictly related to AD converters inside the sound card,
ie, bytes are bytes whether they are coming from usb or pci or
firewire.

BTW, what do you mean with poor results?

Signal to noise, I'd guess. The inside of a computer box is not an electromagnetic anechoic chamber, and there are analog components in a sound card.

You're right about the A/Ds, but it usually doesn't hurt to put them at the end of a USB or Firewire cable...

(That being said, my bottom-of-the-line RME card is a PCI -- apparently it *can* be done.)

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com