Re: strange problem - computer works in one place, but not in another

Lisi Reisz wrote:

I then moved the computer to its owner's house,having done the
installation at my house.  And everything internet-related has gone
mad!!

Now:
Konqueror connects immediately to any site I have tried.
Iceweasel connects intermittently: i.e. sometimes connects,sometimes doesn't.

Just a guess. I had a problem like that and it was DNS. Took me a while to get it right without having to reset the DNS after ever boot. Unfortunately I tried a lot of things and do not know which change fixed the problem.