Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 18:02:28 +0800, ?$BL@k4 wrote:

> no problem with perl, I just want to keep my system simple so that I
> will be able to modify them someday in the future, without learning
> any other programming languages.

  You will not be able to run a Debian desktop system without Perl.

  Ignore the problem.  Concentrate on your C if thats all you care
 about.

  Assuming all the perl packages are bug-free having them installed
 you won't suddenly need to learn Perl to fix them.  If they're not
 bug-free then Debian Developers will fix them.

Steve
--
Managed Anti-Spam Service
http://mail-scanning.com/