Re: Debian workstation (desktop) solution

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,22.Jun.09, 09:24:59, Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
>
>> As for the games, a question: Has anybody tried playing such a game
>> (Unreal, etc) under a virtualization engine? Virtualbox for example?
>
> AFAICT virtualization doesn't do any 3d acceleration.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
Hi,
In fact it does (or will), Sun VirtualBox started to introduce it in the
2.* for Windows, and later on for some Linux, and it should be available
for all guest systems in version 3 according to the beta already available.
Of course I don't know what it will look like performance wise, and of
course the host system must have effective video hardware acceleration,
and a pretty good video card I guess.

Tom