Re: Debian workstation (desktop) solution

Hi,

for dvd ripping you could use dvdrip, this is in the debian multimedia repositories:

http://debian-multimedia.org/

for the games you can try wine or cedega, wine is in the repositories and cedega is commercial.

But beware, it's not always easy to get Windows games running on Linux.

Fortunately there are also some native Linux versions, like UnrealTournament, Quake4, Doom3, X2, etc.

Check out the Wine compatibility database at:

http://www.winehq.org/

Greetings,
vitaminx