Re: install "isomaster" from DEbian on Ubuntu

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 07:31 +0000, sai ram wrote:
> install "isomaster"
First of all you really need to put in a subject. I only look at blank
ones when they happen to be the first in line & the preview feature on
evolution opens them automatically.
As to the problem. I have some small experience with Ubuntu, but a lot
with linux in general. I run Debs exclusively. My suggestion is to
either use apt-build if Ubuntu has it to convert the .deb source to your
system. Other & probably the best is to compile from scratch as in "roll
your own".
It is generally a bad idea to mix to Debian variants on the same system,
though I have done it. I have never, & would NEVER try it  on a
production system. Too often the dependencies are like a row of dominoes
falling they fork and require other dependencies & so on.
Good Luck!!
--
John Foster