Re: java

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 02:16:10PM +0200, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

> I just want to install a Java runtime environment which will allow me
> to see Java applets in action. It seems I have the choice of (at

If you're running 64-bit, your choice of plugin is rather restricted. On
my system, I use the icedtea6-plugin. On the other hand, if you want to
run Java applications (e.g. not as a plugin), the sun-java6-jre works
well.

There are also exotic solutions for running 32-bit iceweasel with the
standard java plugins inside a 32-bit chroot, but I've never gone down
that road.

If you're running 32-bit, you'll probably just want the
sun-java6-plugin.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"