Re: Re: Re: xemacs and auctex

Bob Parnes wrote:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:10:17AM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
Bob Parnes wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 01:12:50PM -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
I have the latest xemacs and auctex in lenny, but when I try C-c C-c, I get C-c C-c not defined. Any ideas what I did wrong? I suspect something in my .xemacs, but don't know what to look for...

thanks,
maria

Try installing python-mode

Bob Parnes
Thanks, unfortunately it didn't help. I tried from another users account, and same outcome, so I think I may have been wrong about it being a user config problem. Here are the xemacs packages I am using, as well as the auctex, in case that is helpful.

miles:~# dpkg -l |grep xemacs
ii xemacs21 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor ii xemacs21-basesupport 2007.04.27-1 Editor and kitchen sink -- compiled elisp su ii xemacs21-bin 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor -- support b ii xemacs21-mule 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor -- Mule bina ii xemacs21-mulesupport 2007.04.27-1 Editor and kitchen sink -- Mule elisp suppor ii xemacs21-support 21.4.19-2 highly customizable text editor -- architect

miles:~# dpkg -l |grep auctex
ii auctex 11.83-7.3 integrated document editing environment for

My mind was running in the wrong channel when I suggested python-mode.

I use emacs21, and C-c C-c on a latex file does work. Out of curiosity
I installed xemacs-nomule, which also works on my system. The only thing
that I could see different from your installation is that the latest version
of xemacs 21 in lenny is 21.4.21-4. So you might try updating. You do have
the latest version of auctex. I doubt that the problem is your configuration,
unless somehow you managed to undefine C-c C-c.

Sorry I offered the wrong advice earlier.

Bob Parnes

No problem. Updating to latest version didn't help, so I think I must have managed to undefine C-c C-c somehow. No idea how I would have done that, or how to get it back. I tried getting rid of my config files to see if that would help, but no joy.

~maria