Re: puzzled about cron and anacron

[skipping a lot of lines ...]

 Paul> I leave my computer on overnight just so I can have this job
 Paul> done, but there are indications in the log that seem, to my
 Paul> untrained eye, to be anacron restarting cron jobs every morning
 Paul> --- why? And how does it arrive at 7:35? The README.Debian

if you take a look at

http://sunoano.name/ws/public_xhtml/time.html#cron --> /etc/crontab

you will see that this file specifies the time when anacron is scheduled
to run the daily cron jobs that, for some reasons did not run at their
specified time.

I assume that is what happens i.e. the cron jobs you put into
/etc/cron.daily are not running ... blank line at the end missing? no
environment variable set? etc.