Re: exim4 query

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:10:17PM +0100, Yuriy Kuznetsov wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to use exim4 for sending/receiving mails in
> console mode.
> Any recommendation for good instructions/how-tos ?

I think that the only way to dirctly tell exim4 to send mail is to speak
SMTP to it, since it is a Mail Transfer Agent.  Most people use a Mail
User Agent to talk to it, e.g. mutt.  Receiving mail, for most people,
is done with a mail fetcher, e.g. fetchmail, that pulls the mail from a
POP or IMAP server, hands it off to your local exim4 MTA, which puts it
in your mailbox.  You then read the mail with your MUA, e.g. mutt.

Doug.