Re: Problems with play action in DopeWars game

Eric Gerlach wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 05:09:33PM +0100, AG wrote:

AG wrote:

Hi

When playing the GTK version of DopeWars in Squeeze, when one goes to
sell one's purchases, the option to sell all at once doesn't work - it
only allows 1 item at a time to be sold.  Those of you who play the
game may appreciate that selling several hundred items 1-by-1 is both
tedious and a real drag to playing the game.

I cannot lay my hands on the config file either, so cannot seem to
change it from there if that is even an option.  Any suggestions
please?

Thanks

AG

Well - an update.  I removed Squeeze's version and installed the version
from Lenny - and the same thing applies.  For whatever reason I just
cannot adjust how many items one can sell - it always comes through as 1
item, even if one manually enters the correct number.

So, if Squeeze and Lenny versions are showing up screwy ... the common
denominator is my machine and possibly the gtk libraries or something
else.

Any ideas on what to be looking for?

You'll probably get better luck filing a bug against the dopewars package (use
reportbug).  That is... assuming it has an active maintainer.

Cheers,

Eric

Yeah - looked at doing that.  Not much chance though.  The SourceForge site lists last activity 2003 or so.  Too bad - it was a fun game.  Installed fine on my old machine but not on this.

AG