Re: Paternalistic D-Bus Restrictions (was Re: 'Applications, Accessories, Root Terminal' fails silently)

On Mon,15.Jun.09, 08:59:59, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> The problem is, I think, that someone upstream thinks that this
> limitation is a feature not a bug, and so it's unlikely to get fixed.

Writing an app to be run as root is not a trivial thing. Too many things
can go wrong. Did you investigate Daniel's suggestion about running a
custom command?

You could also try sux.

Regards,
Andrei