Re: Random seamonkey crashes when playing flash videos

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 04:25:36AM EDT, Andreas Juch wrote:
> Am Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:55:32 -0400
> schrieb Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com>:
>
> > It looks like they're caused by some mixed environment issue.
> >
> > Should I remove every mozilla on the system and reinstall from
> > scratch?

I removed iceape from the system and semonkey seems to crash less
frequently :-) like once every hour or so instead of every few minutes.

No idea if that really did anything or just a coincidence - common sense
tells me the latter.

When I start the browser from an xterm, the only help I get is a message
to the effect that seamonkey suffered a segmentation fault and that this
occurred at line 131 in what appears to be some wrapper script called
run-mozilla.sh. This is the entry point of a generic function that just
"runs the program" - i.e. could be anything that happened below. :-(

So it looks like I'll have to live with this for a while unless I run
into some workaround or s/o - presumably Adobe, come up with a fix.

> > Or is there a way to play those videos without the Flash player
> > plugin?
>
> I'm using the greasemonkey-scripts YouTubeImageLink and YouTotem for
> that. At least youtube works fine with them, such scripts are probably
> avaliable for other video sites too. You just need to have a vlc
> Mozilla plugin or something similar installed.

I'm not familiar with the greasemonkey stuff but I will take a look when
time allows.

Thanks,

CJ