Re: 'Applications, Accessories, Root Terminal' fails silently

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Andrei Popescu<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat,13.Jun.09, 09:32:52, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
>> Running 'sudo gnome-terminal' (which is the equivalent) reports
>
> How do you know that? I thought gksu was used for that. Try:
>
> gksu gnome-terminal

That yields:

** (gnome-terminal:14228): WARNING **: Failed to connect to the
session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed

Failed to contact the GConf daemon; exiting.

Which, I suppose, is slightly more informative.  But the fact remains
that Root Terminal in the Accessories menu is, for some reason,
disabled.  (This is on a fully up-to-date, amd64, testing system.)

Patrick