Re: dovecot sees ~/Maildir, seeks folders in ~/ on Lenny (OK on Etch)

In <[🔎] 4A33B953.5030005@stumbles.org.uk>, John Stumbles wrote:
>I've got dovecot set up on an Etch box to use maildirs, with folders
>under ~/Maildir.
>
>The same setup on Lenny finds a user's INBOX in their ~/Maildir but
>doesn't find any other folders - instead it looks for them in the user's
>home directory.

Odd, I have a similar setup on Lenny and things work fine.

My versions of dovecot:
bss@rei:/etc/dovecot$ aptitude --disable-columns -F '%p %V' search
'~i~ndovecot'
dovecot-common 1:1.0.15-2.3
dovecot-imapd 1:1.0.15-2.3

My dovecot.conf:
protocols = imap imaps managesieve
disable_plaintext_auth = yes
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
syslog_facility = mail
ssl_cipher_list = ALL:!LOW:!SSLv2
mail_location =
maildir:~/Maildir:CONTROL=/var/dovecot/control/%u:INDEX=/var/dovecot/indexes/%u
namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix =
   inbox = yes
}
mail_privileged_group = mail
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes
protocol imap {
  imap_client_workarounds =
  listen = *:143
  ssl_listen = *:993
  version_ignore = yes
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}
protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = dovecot-deliver@iguanasuicide.net
  mail_plugins = cmusieve
}
plugin {
        sieve = ~/.sieve/active
}
protocol managesieve {
        listen = *:2000
        sieve_storage = ~/.sieve
        sieve = ~/.sieve/active
}
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb pam {
  }
  userdb passwd {
  }
  user = root
}
dict {
}
plugin {
}

I seem to remember having to fiddle with the 'namespace' section to get
things to work correctly, but I could really tell you why.