gnu/screen + mutt - mailcap creates a new terminal instance

This worked fine in "etch":

When I needed to view an url embedded in an e-mail, I would hit CTRL-B
which my .muttrc causes the selected url to be piped to the "urlview"
uitility.

Since obviously I run mutt in a terminal, a gnu/screen window actually,
urlview would correctly launch the ELinks browser in the same terminal.

Now on "lenny" although as far as I know I am using the same .muttrc and
the same /etc/mailcap that I copied over from the "etch" system, what
happens is that urlview creates a new xterm where it then launches an
ELinks session.

Would anyone know what particular setting would cause this behavior?

Thanks,

CJ