Re: Re: kde4: restore deleted desktop containment

On 12/23/-28158 12:59 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In<[🔎] loom.20090612T045157-681@post.gmane.org>, DZ wrote:
Jeff Chimene<jchimene<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
Andrei Popescu wrote:
Jeff Chimene wrote:
While futzing w/ KDE 4, I deleted the desktop containment. How do I
restore the desktop containment? Google is not very revealing on this
topic.
What's do you mean by 'containment'?
One would have to ask the KDE wizards. That's what it's called.
Right-click in desktop area; choose Appearance Settings.
Then, under Desktop Activity ->  Type ->  Desktop.
Next, right-click on desktop area again; choose Add Widgets.
Add Folder View.
In the newly appeared Folder Area,
right-click Under Folder View Settings,
choose Show the Desktop folder

If these steps work for you, then you aren't talking about a "containment".
You are talking about a "widget" or a "plasmoid".

Boyd,

Do you run KDE 4?

If you do, then please follow these oh-so-easy steps:

   1. Right mouseclick on the desktop
   2. Select "Appearance Settings"
   3. Select the "Type" drop-down menu in the "Desktop Activity" group
   4. Note the captions for each of the two selections
   5. Post the caption for "Desktop" Better yet, grab a screenshot at
   step 4 and post it to the list

Did you answer the original question when I posted it a few weeks ago? Sure you did! I knew you could!

Thanks again to the kind person who finally answered the question.

To you, Boyd, thanks for being the typical Debianite