Re: Playing ASX streams from Iceweasel

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:29 -0500 Nate Bargmann wrote:
> I occasionally listen to a ASX streams and for a long time I've used
> the Mozilla plugin for Mplayer which does the job but leaves much to
> be desired in the style department.  So I set about trying to use the
> various players run from Iceweasel and came up with none that would
> just decode the ASX file and play the stream.

In Squeeze I've got great results with the mediaconnectivity add-on for
Iceweasel.  Configuring it to play 'Windows media files' with Totem or
Mplayer in full-screen (-fs option) displays the ASX streams nicely.

Less success in Sid.  Mplayer runs into some connection problem, and
Totem segfaults at the moment.