Re: Enabling MySpace in Iceweasel, et al.

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:26:54 +0100, AG wrote:
Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:32:39 +0100 AG wrote:

[...]

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 7.0 r68
site keeps insisting that I /
/          "Get Flash now!"
Probably because your flash player is quite old.  Update to v10.

From the above - that is apparent. However, I thought that I was dealing with Flash 10 ... at least, that is what I downloaded from the adobe site and thought I was installing.

Go to "about:config", put "plugin" into the filter box and find the
setting called "plugin.expose_full_path". Change it to "true" and
about:plugin will show you the full path to all the plugin files that
iceweasel uses. This should be useful for cleaning up the mess of
different flash-plugin versions that you seem to have on your system.

In light of this, which is the best candidate to use: the non-free mozilla flash plugin or another?

I use the flashplayer-mozilla package from debian-multimedia.org. All
flash content that I have encountered in recent months has worked
without problems (both on 32 and 64 bit).

Florian

Once again - your advice is greatly appreciated. I removed the libflashplayer.so that was in my .mozilla directory and copied the one that was in the system directory for IceWeasel (i.e. /usr/lib/ ...) then went to MySpace and all seems as it should be.

Clearly there was a conflict that was disrupting things.  Many thanks.

Rich - sorry about the HTML. That was, I think, because I copied straight from the browser window. But, point taken.

Once again - thanks.

AG