Re: XFS frequent crashes on PE1950 with perc 5/e and 2xMD1000

2009/6/9 Tomek Kruszona <bloodyscarion@gmail.com>:
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with system in the configuration described in subject
> (Dell PE1950 III + PERC 5/E + 2xMD1000)
>
> System is running Debian Lenny AMD64 version with all available updates.
>
> I have 6 VD's 2TB each (for 32bit system compatibility). Each VD is a
> LVM2 PV
>
> I made a LVM2 volume and formatted this into XFS. Previously it was only
> one MD1000 connected to PERC controller.
>
> But two days ago i added next MD1000 added new PV's to LVM2 and extended
> XFS with xfs_growfs.

Might be a bit of an obvious thing, but have you tried running memtest
to rule out dodgy memory?
usually when I see anything similar to this I run a memtest to be sure
(on a few occasions it has proven to be the memory.

Could also be a driver bug related to multiple MD1000s? no experience
with Dell perc hardware sadly though to be any further help.

Kelly