Re: no sound

abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> HI,
> on my new laptop HP,
> I tryed  debian 5.0, ubuntu 9.04 , linuxMint 7,
>
> the sound is not running on all, while the hardware is detected , the
> sound indicator is green correct, When I play a sound file, it plays
> normally, but no* sound is heard.*
>
> here is the lspci :
>
> *00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 03)*

I'm curious if your headphones work even though your built-in speakers
might not.

I am having a similar issue with an Acer Aspire One D150 (D150-1577
specifically) and am running the 2.6.26-2 kernel.

which kernel are you using?

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/