Re: best practice for lvm?

Zhengquan Zhang <zhang.zhengquan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I say the best practice for lvm is to create a single partition for
> the harddrive and single PV on it and separate LVs for /tmp /var /home
> etc? and leave enough unassigned PE for later enlargement of certain LV?

Personally, I create a 1G partition for root and boot, and then allocate
everything else as a single PE. I generally start with around 1G for
/tmp, 10G each for /usr and /var, and 20G for /home, and then grow the
filesystems as I need them. Oh, I usually put swap on LVM too.

I'm sure your mileage will vary, and you'll find something that works
for you.

Chris