Re: keyboard evdev

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 15:29:12 -0500, Steve Vejcik wrote:
> That's right (meaning I wasn't using evdev before the upgrade). The
> relevant sections of xorg.conf looked like the following:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
> Driver  "kbd"
> Option  "CoreKeyboard"
> Option  "XkbRules" "xorg"
> Option  "XkbModel" "pc104"
> Option  "XkbLayout" "us"
> EndSection

You could try to use this configuration again, provided that you still
have the xserver-xorg-input-kbd package installed. In that case you
should furthermore add

Section "ServerFlags"
       Option  "AllowEmptyInput"       "off"
       Option  "AutoAddDevices"        "off"
       Option  "AllowMouseOpenFail"    "true"
EndSection

to /etc/X11/xorg.conf to disable the HAL device discovery mechanism.
(You will probably also have to add a section for the mouse again.)

Another thing that might give us a clue is taking a closer look at the
second keyboard-type device (event4) that is mentioned in your Xorg log.
Please post the output of:

lshal --show $(hal-find-by-property --key "input.device" --string "/dev/input/event4")

          Florian   |