Re: best practice for lvm?

Zhengquan Zhang wrote:
Hi debian users,

Can I say the best practice for lvm is to create a single partition for
the harddrive and single PV on it and separate LVs for /tmp /var /home
etc? and leave enough unassigned PE for later enlargement of certain LV?

Thanks for enlightenment and I am thinking of how to best utilize lvm
for a long time.

You will need the separate /boot partition and then your lvm partition. For an example my 500gb hard drive. I created a /boot partition 500MB, and the lvm partiton which is 200GB. Inside the lvm I have a 20gb /root, 60gb /home, and a 40gb /data(used with winblows). That's only 120gb of the 200gb I allotted. You can always resize them, going larger is easier and going smaller takes a little more work. It is all in what you need or want.

--
George
#> rm -r * <enter>