Re: package locally compiled gets "upgraded"

On 02.06.09 13:30, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> Alter the version number, but use something really "small" so the next
> version uploaded by a DD will trump yours.
>
> e.g. If the bugs are in a native package version 1.2.3, make your version
> 1.2.3local1
>
> e.g. If the bugs are in a non-native package (I think wwwoffle is non-
> native) version 1.2-2lenny1, make your version 1.2-2lenny1local1.

is 1.2.3lenny1 more than 1.2.3local1? I would want that to get upgraded...
that's why I did not increment the version, I don't know what small changes
could debian developers use in next version numbers...

> Alternatively, you could probably do version-pinning via origin, but I'm not
> sure about the specifics of that.

The only thing I need i not to upgrade when version number matches...

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".