Re: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace disabled?

marc wrote:
> Jan Willem Stumpel said:
>
>> IMHO disabling an old and trusted functionality is simply introducing a
>> bug, made worse by keeping silent about it (no word about it in
>> changelog.gz or NEWS.Debian.gz).
>>
>> It must surely be a tiny minority of users who press
>> control-alt-backspace "by mistake"; I find it hard to imagine even.  But
>> for users who suffer from this syndrome there has always been the
>> possibility of specifying DontZap. Forcing it on all users is a Bad
>> Thing.
>

> +1

+1

Note to self : disabling "rm" and "fdisk" commands, catching "shutdown"
and "reboot" commands to make them fail silently unless they are issued
five times in a row in less than 1 minute, dumbing down all system
settings and removing root access in KDE4 "systemsettings" (oh! it's
already been done, good...), don't let myself install "dangerous"
packages (nmap, parted, ...). Remove root account (oh! not again! It's
already been done too.). To be continued.
Don't try to protect people from their ignorance, enlighten them.

Happy Sunday.

Tom