Re: ctrl+S in rtorrent in konsole suspends output instead of starting torrents

Florian Kulzer wrote:

> Most probably of some library or configuration file that was upgraded.
> Processes that were started before an upgrade will normally continue to
> use the old versions of their libraries and configuration files until
> they are restarted (or until they are told to re-read their
> configuration if they have a special command or signal for this).

Ah, yes. I understand this.

>> BTW, my machine gets rebooted almost daily.
>
> The checkrestart utility (from "debian-goodies") will tell you which
> processes should be restarted after an upgrade.

I also usually do an update and upgrade daily on this workstation. I
always know (from aptitude) if some processes need to be restarted. So I
am still baffled why ctrl+s would have resulted in suspended output for
multiple days (each day the workstation is rebooted).

Regards.

ever having been read.