Re: iceweasel preferences help needed

Paul E Condon wrote:
> I have a desire to have iceweasel work in a way that seems not easy
> to configure:
>
> Now, when iceweasel starts, the text and graphics are always displayed
> too large to fit within the window in which it is displayed. As a
> consequence there is always, or almost always, a horizontal scroll bar
> at the bottom of the window. I can make the text and graphics fit
> within the window by selecting View->Zoom->Zoom Out twice or thrice.
> Selecting a smaller font, which I know how to do, does satisfy me,
> because it is the graphical elements that I want smaller. They are just
> TOO BIG, and waste a lot of space that would better be used with a
> visually pleasing emptiness.
>
> I would like to configure iceweasel to ALWAYS bring up new windows at
> zoom level two Zoom_Outs. I think I will never want the current
> default level, but, if I ever do, I'll just zoom-in twice.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I have a similar issue with Gnome Terminal. Are both of these controlled
> by a single preference in Gnome? What is it called? How do I access it?

If you are having too large fonts in multiple applications, perhaps it
is your fonts settings in Appearance preferences that is causing this.

In Iceweasel, you can change fonts from Appearance preference (I think
you have to click on Advanced) by setting a desired point size for the
fonts for default encoding.

In gnome terminal, I think you need to set the font in the profile for
the terminal.

But I would recommend first checking Gnome's Appearance in Preferences
and making sure the font settings there are okay. I would try changing
stuff there before doing anything else.

Regards.

ever having been read.