Re: mass conversion from ogg to mp3

Just for the record, I did just that (minor differences). My issue isn't finding a way...it is finding the *best* way...and I don't have time to go through a kajillion options...

...which is why I asked a list full of knowledgeable users who know a lot more than I about CLI...

JoeHill wrote:
ZephyrQ wrote:
I have a large number of music files (17 gig worth...yes, for all prying eyes they are legal...) that I find I need to convert from .ogg to .mp3.

Not that I want to...but between a teenager with an iphone and being saddled with cell phone that won't play .ogg...well, you get the picture.

What is the best way to do this? I would prefer a CLI option that I can run in the background, but I want to save as much sound quality as I can with the transfer...

The _first hit_ when I googled 'convert ogg to mp3 linux command line':

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/short-tip-convert-ogg-file-to-mp3/

There are probably a kajillion others :-)