Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
On Seg, 25 Mai 2009, lee wrote:
[snip rant about some kde apps requiring mysql server]

There seems to be too much windoze thinking entering Debian: Hide
everything from the users, take control of their computers away from
them, make things unfixable --- and the next step is to provide them
with only crappy software. I'm beginning to become more and more
unhappy with Debian. The quality has gone down quite a bit already. If
they keep going this way, we'll all be using windoze in about 10
years.

I won't comment on your rant, but you are directing it to the wrong people. Debian ships KDE, but it was not Debian who introduced these changes, but rather the KDE developers instead.

Seriously.
It's KDE that sucks.
Use Openbox, Fluxbox, LXDE, Ion3, xmonad, jmw, dwm, awm, fvwm, Xfce...some other wm with less bloat and eyecandy.

/tony

--
http://www.photodharma.com
art & photos | tony baldwin