Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

In <[🔎] 20090523145721.GH7739@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>, lee wrote:
>But is this a Debian problem because of dependencies or something else
>broken, or a KDE problem?

It's really a KDE problem, although the solution will probably cause some
trouble for the Debian packaging team as well.  Especially minimizing the
amount of configuration required while still allowing multiple possible
backends.

Right now, the Akonadi server only works on top of MySQL.  There's no hard
technical limitations that force that; it should work on any supported by
the QtSql library.  However, no one has provided code that runs it on
anything except MySQL.

Please note that while I try to keep up with KDE development, I could easily
be behind.  Perhaps this is already fixed in 4.3 or scheduled for 4.4.