Re: 2.6.29 custom kernel

2009/5/23 Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz>
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 04:12:19PM +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot
> mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /root failed: Device or resource busy
                 ^^^^^^^^^

> mount: Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed: No such file or
> directory
> mount: Mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
> mount: Mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: no such file or directory
> Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init
>
> if I get a grub shell I can't see /dev/sda1 and passing kernel and initrd
                                   ^^^^^^^^^

So what should it be?  (/dev/hda1 or /dev/sda1)

> Can someone help?
>
> debian testing here

And you are compiling a lenny backport on a testing box?

Yes, because I always prefer debian patched deb or src, 2.6.29 is a recent kernel.

> the box is a sony vaio VGN-AW21Z... owned by my company, so help would be
> very appreciated.

You probably need to give some more detailed information.
Example:

       What was the exact command you gave to kernel-package?

       Did you run update-grub?

       What is the contents of "/boot/grub/menu.lst

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

--
Chris.

I solved running a debian dvd in rescue mode and coping the /etc/mtab file into the /etc/fstab. I guess it was a kernel config option which enables the now "deprecated sysfs layout for older userspace tools".

My kernel-package conf files are ok, I usually compile custom kernels every time a new RT patch is released.

cheers
-r