Re: X11 issue

I've never had such sort of isse as well. I've just made the download of the driver from the nVidia website and installed it. I've just followed the installing process and everything got right.

2009/5/23 Brent Kolasinski <kolasin2@gmail.com>
> On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 01:27 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> > Hi:
> > Following the lines of successful setup of 3D nvidia driver with lenny
> > amd64, i met failure with lenny i386 on a old K7S5A Elite mainboard
> > with NV11DDR (GeForce2 MX200 rev b2). I also lost OpenGL, which I used
> > for several applications.
> >
> > What i did:
> >
> > # apt-get install nvidia-kernel-common module-assistant
> >
> > # m-a -i -t prepare
> >
> > # m-a clean,a-i -i -t -f nvidia-kernel-source
> >
> > # depmod -a
> >
> > # apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-glx-dev mesa-utils
> >
> > # dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

By any chance did you try using the nvidia driver straight from
nvidia's website?  I have never had issues with the one from them,
though at the same time I have never tried the driver provided in the
debian repos.

If you go that route, the nvidia installer requires the version of gcc
used to build the kernel to build the nvidia module.  Since the
default gcc is set to gcc-4.3 (unless it was changed by the user) the
installer requires you to export a CC variable set to the version of
gcc needed to build the nvidia kernel (this will be gcc-4.1 on Lenny).
 The installer also updates the xorg.conf file to use the new module.

--
Brent Kolasinski

CUIR Tech Center
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee