Where are the GTK local conf files

Hi,

I just found out that the GTK themes look different in my account
than it should. E.g., the bg_color for the Crux theme in
gtk2-engines is #d3d7cf, however, it shows as #f6f6f6 in my
account. If I create another account, all themes show up
correctly, whereas in my account every single themes in
gtk2-engines looks somewhat different.

My fist thought is that it is because of my daunting GTK related
config files, So I did

 cd
 rm -rf .gconf .gconfd .gnome/ .gnome2/ .gnome2_private/ .gstreamer-0.10/

To clean them up. But still, the problem remains the same.

What could be the reason? How could I fix it?

PS.

- I always get the following error when using gtk-theme-switch2:

 /usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:47: Invalid symbolic color 'bg_color'
 /usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:47: error: invalid identifier `bg_color', expected valid identifier

- The themes look the same under my account, whether I am using fluxbox
or gnome.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)