apticron: Why ignore held package?

Title: apticron: Why ignore held package?

Why does apticron ignore held packages?  Wouldn't one want to know about
security updates even for packages that are in the held state?

In my case in particular I certainly do.  I have been keeping all
installed packages on hold in order to cause more confirmation
prompting from non-interactive aptitude when I install something.
(I _think_ it affects aptitude, although I haven't check that in a
while.)

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]